Welcome!

Hello readers - thanks for viewing my blog. Especially welcome are my beautiful wife Cyndi, our two wonderful children Tom and Lisa, and my siblings Jeff, Mary and Suzy. I posted often from America Samoa while I was there a few years ago. I also post from our past and later travels. Keep checking in, and please leave a comment!

They may not be readers, but our dogs Monte and Zoey have a special page with their own photos. They are involved in many of our trips, and all of our lives.

Click on photos and videos to enlarge and (usually) see them better.

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Commute Videos

     Here are videos of my daily commute.  Yes, I hung my camera out the window as I drove along.  The bouncing is one of those endearing features of my Batmobile; steering is quite a treat given the power steering fluid leaks and needs replacement often.  Also, the trip is almost all into the morning sun and I am unable to get the colors right in videos, often the sea looks bleached out.  In reality the colors are vibrant and spectacular, so use your imagination to fill them in.  I made a single video out of all these, there were problems getting it uploaded but now it is here. That splices together all the short ones into one continuous view.  We start with the section breaking out of Nu'uuli on to the oceanfront road, and then progress along:




This section of my commute takes about 10 minutes each way, each day.  The clips show just a fraction.  Any wonder why going to work is OK here?

No comments:

Post a Comment