Welcome!

Hello readers - thanks for viewing my blog. Especially welcome are my beautiful wife Cyndi, our two wonderful children Tom and Lisa, and my siblings Jeff, Mary and Suzy. I posted often from America Samoa while I was there a few years ago. I also post from our past and later travels. Keep checking in, and please leave a comment!

They may not be readers, but our dogs Monte and Zoey have a special page with their own photos. They are involved in many of our trips, and all of our lives.

Click on photos and videos to enlarge and (usually) see them better.

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Airport Beach Videos - Look Again - new ones

     The half-mile walk up to Airport beach may be hot and sweaty, but the scenery is unparalleled.  Refer to my earlier posting for a description and photos - here are some videos:

This is the longest one, a nice shot of a stretch where the waves crash up and over the top of the rocks:



This is another longer one; this is a long narrow channel in the rocks where the waves send water shooting through and if big enough, over the top:




Here's a somewhat shorter one:



Here's one where the waves reach way up, I get splashed at the end as I'm pretty close to the edge:




Finally just a short clip looking back towards the west and the start of the trail; the person talking is Steph as we had a small group along on this expedition a few weeks ago:



Nothing can quite match being here in person, but I hope this gives you a good feel for this place!  At least they didn't build the runway right over these spectacular natural sights.  The nice part is that you can come out here anytime and enjoy for as long as you wish.

No comments:

Post a Comment